Re: [GSoC] Improve user experience with CMIS – Weekly report #11

Bosdonnat Cedric cedric.bosdonnat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 11:03:30 PDT 2015

Hey  Szymon!

Nice to read about your nice progress.

> * I was working also on autocompletion in the file name field. I've used
> existing widget from standard file picker and let it autocomplete remote
> paths. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well. Getting information from
> remote server could take a lot of time and proposals of paths appears
> after few seconds. In this state it is unusable feature.

Indeed this is bound to fail. What could be done to speed up the
interactivity with the user is to add asynchronous api functions to
libcmis, and have it use the curl multi api... But I'm not sure this could
be done in the remaining time frame for GSoC.

However, it may good to start considering the removal of the remote servers
feature from the internal file picker as your dialog is getting into shape.

--
Cedric