minutes of ESC call ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 08:33:05 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Michael Meeks
<michael.meeks at collabora.com> wrote:
>     + 'make check' run by CI ? (Michael)
>         + could we have this for Linux ?
>         + run by dbgutil tinderbox - no all platforms (Norbert)
>            + need to run the numbers
>            + may be able to run the linux dbgutil make-check too.
>            + 4x targets
>         + good news - Windows 30mins on average for gerrit.
>            + Linux  - 10 to 15mins ...
> AI:     + try this for Linux (Norbert)
>            + not for windows this year.

to clarify: Jenkins tinderbox build _do_ run make check already on all platforms
the question is about having Gerrit build do the same.
Right now gerrit build do release build accross the board, doing 3
build (1 per platform) per gerrit change-set
since Windows gerrit build takes about 30 minutes and linux/mac take
in average less than half than.. it should be possible to add a debug
build for linux and maybe mac, without limiting the over throughput.
Doing so will require some work on the client wrapper script and
jenkins conf to pass argument and to migrate gerrit build to
distro-config driven configuration (done already or tinderboxes)

Norbert