Adding Languages to Writer's Character, Font Menu

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 24 11:24:50 PDT 2015

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:52:49 +0200
Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:

> > If I have some text with khb-CN as the language and
> > region and then try to set the language for a greater expanse of
> > text, khb-CN does not come up in the menu.

N.B. By 'language' and 'region', I mean language and region for complex
text.  I tend to forget that one doesn't tag characters with a language,
but sets a tag conditional on the character's script class.

> Does it come up if the cursor is positioned on a portion of text that
> already has the tag assigned?

Yes, khb-CN comes up if the cursor is between the characters tagged as
such when complex.  If the character before is not khb-CN and the
character after is khb-CN, it does not come up.

Richard.