minutes of ESC call ...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri May 29 05:26:24 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 01:21:12PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> FWIW, Debian/Ubuntu disables a few tests that havent been rocksolid in the past:
>
>  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-openoffice/libreoffice.git/tree/patches/disable-flaky-tests.diff
>
> but _all_ our releases pass the rest of 'make check'.

Note the way packages used to be build on Ubuntu it meant that a failing make
check would throw away all the build, including the ARM builds taking between
24 hours and 3 days then. You can assume be to be reasonably stable on Linux.

These days its different, and subsequentcheck are not run for Ubuntu during
build, but regularly against the final package on Jenkins, e.g.:

 https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/wily/view/AutoPkgTest/job/wily-adt-libreoffice/
 https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/vivid/view/AutoPkgTest/job/vivid-adt-libreoffice/
 https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Utopic/view/AutoPkgTest/job/utopic-adt-libreoffice/
 https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/vivid/view/AutoPkgTest/job/trusty-adt-libreoffice/

There are some reds, but they mostly stem from LibreOffice being a stress
test for the test infra because of size causing timeouts, running into
scheduled reboots, other environment trouble, but not really failing tests
themselves.

Best,

Bjoern