How to build LibreOffice that can run on Windows XP

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:26:52 UTC 2016

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ReleaseBuilds#Windows_x86

> I had built libreoffice 5.1.2.2 on windows 7 with Visual Studio 2013, but it

builds provided by TDF are done on Windows Server 2012 R2, with VS
2013, so should be comparable.

> the wiki said that i need to use  "--with-windows-sdk=7.1A", but it's
> useless.

But that's the magic that makes it happen.. Are you sure it is used/do
you have it installed?

> i run autogen.sh
> ../5.1.2.2_release_src/autogen.sh \
> --with-external-tar=/cygdrive/d/LibreOffice_Dev/lo-externalsrc \
> --with-junit=/cygdrive/d/LibreOffice_Dev/Junit/junit-4.10.jar \
> --with-ant-home=/cygdrive/d/LibreOffice_Dev/apache-ant-1.9.4 \
> --with-windows-sdk=7.1A \
> --with-visual-studio=2013 \
> --with-lang="zh-CN" \
> --enable-release-build \
> --enable-pch \
> --disable-ccache \
> --disable-atl

So the disable-atl is the only thing of that  list that might have an
impact. with VS2013 Community edition there's no need to disable it.

> if anyone know how to build libreoffice 5.1.2.2 and it can run on Windows
> XP, please help me, thank you very much.

The GetTickCount64 problem sounds more like you don't have SP3
installed on your Windows XP rather than not having a build running on
XP...

ciao
Christian