gbuildtojson

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Dec 6 22:46:07 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 11:58:08PM +0200, Maxim Monastirsky wrote:
> Hi Bjoern,
>
> On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 15:22 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > and this commit:
> >
> >  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=237a1b79a1d
> > 5af10434c2b93cfc83c1c8e55a9d5
> >
> > says:
> >
> >  "Developers can use use QtCreator to edit, compile and debug
> > LibreOffice."
> >
> > I dont know if it was ever tested on OSX, but it might be worth a
> > try?
>
> I don't know about OSX, but at least under Linux compile/run from
> QtCreator doesn't work,

I used it today to build and even run the binary, but I had to edit the
project in QtCreator and remove the qmake build step (otherwise qmake
will overwrite the Makefile and break the build).

To run soffice I had also to manually add a run configuration that calls
instdir/program/soffice. May be we can work things up so these manual
changes are not needed, but I didn’t look into the details.

Regards,
Khaled