Problem with multiple identities on Gerrit

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:42:18 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 1:43 AM, David Ostrovsky <d.ostrovsky at gmx.de> wrote:

>> On Sat May 7 18:11:11 UTC 2016 Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>
>>>On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Mike Kaganski <mikekaganski at
> hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> Currently I have a gerrit account with two identities:
> [...]
>
>> I not sure if you really try to link (iow log
>>on with an existing identity -> setting -> add ana identity) and there
>>is a bug in OAuth + openid that recognized your old gerrit openid and
>>link Oauth to that.
>
> There is no way for him to link Google OpenID account, that he cannot
> use to log in, to Google OAuth2, obviously. That why the linking is
> working out of the box, so it's enough to just log in. It's funny you
> are talking about "a bug in OAuth + openid"

you are quote mining and dropped from the above the all important:

"or you did not and it worked as designed and
attached your google OAuth to your old expired goggle openid"

I offered 2 alternative:

Either he was logged on an existing account (not the one that had the
old google openid, but some other that was created using a different
identity)
and he tried to 'add a new identity'

Or he simply just tryied to log-in using google OAuth straight up

in the later case I expect indeed things to work the way you describe
(which is way I said: "or you did not and it worked as designed and
attached your google OAuth to your old expired goggle openid"

in the former case I do not expect that the new Oauth identity to be
attached to another account than the one he was logged in while trying
to 'add a new identity'

Since I could not be sure of which case it was I mentioned the 2 possibilities.
The only thing I'm sure of is the outcome I saw in gerrit database.

Norbert