CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Sep 24 11:39:45 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 02:51:23AM -0700, Kamil Landa wrote:
> I also rather simplify things :-), but it is really terrible, if i write
> document in two languages, Czech (non-CTL) and Arabic and Delete&Backspace
> are switched  for these two keyboards. At mistake, my hand press Delete or
> Backspace automatically as i'm accustoming from Czech keyboard, but if it is
> just in Arabic keyboard, it starts chaos. I'm thinking, for writing document
> in two different languages (non-CTL and CTL), option Logical/Visual also for
> Deleta&Backspace may be helped then complicated.

I don’t know, I have been editing mixed direction text for nearly a
decade and I don’t remember ever being confused about delete/backspace;
they always delete the next/previous character, be it the right or
the left one.

That being said, this mailing list is for discussing actual code
contributions, and the bug tracker is a more suitable place for feature
requests.

Regards,
Khaled