[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: sw/inc sw/source

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 06:37:48 UTC 2017

Hi Thorsten,

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 05:55:25PM +0200, Thorsten Behrens <thb at libreoffice.org> wrote:
> Since that operates on the Writer-internal text representation (string
> used being the Writer node's plain text content), that might be very
> hard for non-LibreOffice programs to verify?

The idea is that per-paragraph signature should be non-chained, similar
to per-document signatures, so the Writer field(s) representing the
signature(s) should be filtered out before hashing, but otherwise this
just takes the paragraph text as-is. (My understanding is that ODF
specifies what is the exact paragraph string for a <text:p> element.)

So this is work in progress, the plan is that before -6-0 branchoff any
Writer-internal placeholder character (like field start/end, at-char
anchor character) will be filtered out (before hashing). I hope that
addresses your concern. :-)

Regards,

Miklos