Rebuilding LO freezes on macOS

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 09:19:11 UTC 2017

Le 23/08/2017 à 21:28, Thorsten Wagner a écrit :

Hi THorsten,

> (2) During building again build freezes while linking "Library/libscfiltlo.dylib". "make" loops consuming 100% cpu on a single core. Build has to be interrupted by killing "make" processes.

I see this occasionally, or though it tends to be during population of
instdir (so towards the end of the build) and not specifically in
libscfiltLO.dylib. Possibly the parallel build gets into a race
condition somewhere (shrugs) and I have to kill it, clean it and restart.

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago about changing the ulimit
number of openable file descriptors, something like this here:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/108174/how-to-persist-ulimit-settings-in-macos

That might help, but if you need to push past the hard limit set by
Apple as default, then you need to buy AppleServer for OSX from the
AppStore.

Alex