Gerrit: mark patches as waiting for review

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Jan 3 10:03:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 07:23:23AM +0000, Kaganski Mike wrote:
> I use +1 for that in my own patches; it indicates that others' review is awaited.

Please dont do that:

A patch in gerrit by DEFAULT is asking for review. No further action needed.

A patch in gerrit that is marked by the author with +2 has passed review and
thus needs no further review (aka is only waiting on the 'verified' by CI).

So if you submit a patch to gerrit you by default already ask for review.
Please dont do fancy things with it, if that is what you want. If you _dont_
want your patch reviewed (which obviously only can happen if you are allowed to
push directly to master anyway), you can self-mark your change with Code-Review
+2.

If your patch isnt yet ready to be reviewed (and you just want to put it
somewhere as backup or to discuss it), please use drafts:

 https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit/SubmitPatch#Submitting_patches_as_drafts

For reviewers, here is a helpful query:

 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/q/status:open+-label:Code-Review%253E1+-ownerin:Committers

It lists all the patches that arent marked as Code-Review +2 and arent owned by
someone with commit access to master anyway. Those are the changes generally
needing review.

Best,

Bjoern