Usage of ActiveX in Libre Office

Bryan Quigley bryan.quigley at canonical.com
Mon Jan 30 15:37:55 UTC 2017

To test most* of what I proposed to remove: During Install disable the
ActiveX control.  (Ideally with a fresh install)

AFAICT OLE is actually also separate (but if it's not we don't want to
break that).  It works fine on Linux (and I don't have a copy of MS
Office to test with on Windows).

>ActiveX is more likely a marketing buzzword used for many aspects of the COM technology.
Yes, I've found that a lot.  Not a clear line in the sand for what it is.

Thanks both if you can test!
Bryan

*We'd still want to confirm with an actual build to be sure.