A proposal for separate English localization

Kaganski Mike mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 12:22:42 UTC 2017

On 10/16/2017 3:16 PM, Sophie wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Le 13/10/2017 à 23:31, Kaganski Mike a écrit :
>> Hello!
>>
>> Recently I was approached by members of our local community who manage
>> the translation of LibreOffice UI to Russian. I was told that they have
>> a regularly recurring problem, that each time a developer changes an
>> English string in LibreOffice UI, they have that string untranslated in
>> pootle, and need to repeat same actions again to re-translate it. What's
>> worse, the translation that pootle suggest in that case is oftentimes wrong.
>
> Please read the l10n list archives, this has already been discussed
> numerous times and the reason why it's not possible are clearly
> explained here. Same for the problems when typos are fixed in the
> source, and the current problem of scripting the changes. See my last
> mail with topic 'Please read'. Thanks
> Cheers
> Sophie

Sorry Sophie, I cannot see how that mail is relevant here (I stressed
that it's not related to the gettext work), and how it explains the
impossibility of solution direction suggested. Would be most thankful if
you post a direct link to the mail you refer to (I looked at
https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/msg11231.html).

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski