License information for extensions on LO's extension site

Drew Jensen drewjensen.inbox at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:52:51 UTC 2018

Hola,

Just curious if the Templates will also require a license to be eligible
for the TDF site.

Today:
- some don't declare a license on the website page.
- some state a license on the website page
-- some include a license declaration inside the template file.
---- some of these do so in the file properties
---- some do so with comments in embedded script libraries
---- some which state a license on the web site do neither

Particularly in the case of templates with embedded scripts is not the
license not valid if the user is not forced to agree to it?

If the extension must ask the user(s) to accept the developers license on
install to be eligible for the TDF extensions site then why not the
templates?
-- granted there is no standard way to that during first use, but the
website could require they check a box as agreement with the license before
allowing them to download the file.

Seems like the two parts of the site would be consistent if possible.

Thanks much for you efforts and time.

Best wishes

Drew
-