Generate encryption key

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 09:44:27 UTC 2018

Hi,

Please do a "Reply All" when replying so that the mail also is sent to
the libreoffice-dev mailing list.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Vikas Mahato <vikasmahato0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to implement credentials for external data source as part of my
> GSoC project. I want to encrypt the credentials and store them to a file.
> moggi ( my mentor) asked me to implement it using CryptTools but I am not
> sure how to proceed.

Well in that case ask your mentor what you should use to create the
key. As I said key creation is key (no pun intended) and we already
have ways to securely create keys so it is a matter to decide which
one to use.

It is possible to use the same algorithm that is used in OOXML
document encryption, however you'd need to store additional encryption
info inside the file (by using oox::core::AgileEngine, look at
oox/qa/unit/CryptoTest.cxx for some examples), or maybe it would be
simpler to just use the OleStorage like the OOXML documents do to
store the encryption info and the file content or a ZipStorage. Or use
the same encryption as ODF files. Anyway ask your mentor what he has
in mind for this as this is not at all a trivial decision.

Regards, Tomaž