'StylePoolImpl::createIterator': function does not take 0 arguments

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 06:51:32 UTC 2018

On 28/03/18 12:45, himajin100000 wrote:
> Hello, I'm himajin100000, often trying to make my own DEBUG build.
>
> This mail is just for explanation.
>
> I have written a bug report "tdf#116677:StylePool::createIterator has
> default paramters, but StylePoolImpl's does not" , but there Xisco FaulĂ­
> kindly requested me to post these build issues to dev mailing-list, not
> to bugzilla.
>
> C:/sources/libo-core/svl/source/items/stylepool.cxx(410): error C2660:
> 'StylePoolImpl::createIterator': function does not take 0 arguments

That code is inside a rather unusual

   #ifdef DEBUG

block.  According to solenv/gbuild/gbuild.mk, DEBUG would only be
defined when gb_DEBUGLEVEL >= 2, i.e., when you call make with an
argument like dbglevel=2.  (AFAICS, it would not be set when you merely
configure --enable-debug or --enable-dbgutil, something that many people
routinely do.)

How exactly do you do your builds (what is the content of your
autogen.input, resp. what arguments do you pass to autogen.sh; and how
do you invoke make)?

Such #ifdef DEBUG code is likely rotting.  The best thing probably is to
determine whether such code is actually useful, and if it is, to put it
behind more conventional #if checks that are triggered for
--enable-debug or --enable-dbgutil builds.