Re: [libreoffice-design] Re[2]: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the design meeting 2018-Sep-05

infinitytec infinitytec at hughes.net
Tue Sep 11 17:44:39 UTC 2018

I'd have to agree with the idea of removing Personas. Why? Because they keep breaking. A couple of prebuilt solid themes would do the trick. Allow people to make and tweak themes as well, and even add images. It could, perhaps, still be compatible with the Persona system, but rely only on LO to function, as I know some issues have been caused on Mozilla's end.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is magic to those who do not understand it.-A variation on Clarke's Third Law
-------- Original message --------From: Jean-Francois Nifenecker <jean-francois.nifenecker at laposte.net> Date: 9/11/18  12:22 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: "Роман К." <79045_79045 at mail.ru>, Pedro Rosmaninho <mota.prego at gmail.com> Cc: sbergman at redhat.com, design at global.libreoffice.org, libreoffice-dev <libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org>, "kainz.a" <kainz.a at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re[2]: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the
  design meeting 2018-Sep-05
Le 06/09/2018 à 12:32, Роман К. a écrit :
> Hello, all. I agree with "killing" Firefox personas. And I like adding just 4-5 solid color themes.

I've (manually) added the LibreOffice 4 Light Ambiance persona from
Firefox on my trainer PC
(https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/libreoffice-4-light-ambiance/?src=search).

Adding them is a chore: you've got to use the advanced mode because, as
already stated, the UI is not working anymore for a loooong time.

After having doubts about personas (in fact I was very reluctant to
using them), I can tell that it draws attention during training sessions ;-)

So, I'd strongly vote to keep (and fix) the personas thingy and against
having only solid themes.
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

To unsubscribe e-mail to: design+unsubscribe at global.libreoffice.org