Gitiles VCS browser

Luke Benes lukebenes at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 6 14:18:59 UTC 2019

Mike,
That is not an apples to apples comparison. In your browser open and compare side-by-side:

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/6a9cf9ba2d37fee9b7c2f190b347e0d7c4a2676a
and
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6a9cf9ba2d37fee9b7c2f190b347e0d7c4a2676a

Do you really like all of the extraneous information? Do you like the missing search bar? Do you like having to scroll down several pages to see the relevant information? Do you like the lack of a search bar?

Besides the fact, these are not what the commits look like on our bug trackers. From

https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/bf2f0c913774c90e4c9a65119d0219187bb4498c%5E%21
while the old cgit would be
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=bf2f0c913774c90e4c9a65119d0219187bb4498c

Now try to copy the commit ID from the gitiles and do the same for the cgit URL. Do you really prefer the random symbols appended to the end? I can tell you git does not and will puke if you accidentally include any of them.