Reverting patch

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Thu Aug 22 06:41:57 UTC 2019

Hi Regina,

On 21/08/2019 21.44, Regina Henschel wrote:
> it is about https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/77882/
> That reverts a patch, that I had made 9 months ago, because it had
> introduced a regression, see bug 126271. I have submitted the revert to
> master.
>
> Unfortunately, this regression is in LibreOffice 6.3 too.
>
> Of cause I have tested locally with my clone from master, that reverting
> the patch solves the regression. How can I test, that it solves the
> problem for 6.3 too?
>
> The "cherry pick" button in Gerrit provides "LibreOffice 6-3",
> "LibreOffice 6-3-0" and "LibreOffice 6-3-1". Which item would be the
> correct one? Will that produce a new patch in Gerrit with the correct
> target automatically? Or what are the next steps for me?

'libreoffice-6-3' is the branch to use next and once that patch is
merged, it will be available for LibreOffice 6.3.2. If it's a critical
fix that should make it to 6.3.1 as well, the patch should then be
cherry-picked to 'libreoffice-6-3-1' in addition.
[1] contains some information on the different branches that are used
for development.

For the particular patch you mention, it seems Xisco has already done
the cherry-pick for 6.2 and 6.3, s. [2] and [3].

If you want to explicitly test this actually works as expected, you can
build the respective branch with the patch on top, which you can
checkout e.g. using the command shown when you click on the "Download"
button in the gerrit patch (the one shown for "Checkout").

Kind regards,
Michael

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Branches
[2] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/77939/1