Change shape from text box mode to ordinary shape in Writer

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Fri Jul 5 12:34:10 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Regina Henschel schrieb am 01-Jul-19 um 20:26:

> My questions: Is it possible at all? If yes, what do I have overlooked?

I have found my mistake. The structure of the custom shape geometry was
not correct.

But the result doesn't convince me. I consider to import "shape with
transformed text" as group, one object for the shape and one object for
the transformed text. (Although I yet do not know how to do it.)

Such Word object is surely a decorative object in a text document.
Therefore it is not good, to have either the shape or the transformed
text. You need both.

Another advantage of a group is, that text wrap is preserved without
large conversions. If only one Fontwork shape is used, without
conversions, text layout changes because the bounding rectangle is used
for text wrap in LibreOffice.

Kind regards
Regina