Support for the Apache Parquet file format
shadi at autofitcloud.com
Fri Nov 22 07:37:12 UTC 2019
Hello! Is there any work being done to support the Apache Parquet file
The two data processing tools that I use locally with parquet are:
* python pandas   for programmatic access
* visidata  (CLI that uses pandas under the hood) for more
I'm wondering why Parquet is not yet a supported format in LibreOffice
Calc (and most desktop worksheet processing tools for that matter).
On an unrelated note, I was also surprised to find out that Tableau only
supports Parquet through a database server like Apache Drill .
I feel that parquet files are under-rated, and that perhaps pushing for
native desktop application support would encourage its usage over the
standard (and less efficient) CSV file format. I may be completely wrong
and would welcome feedback.
*  https://visidata.org/formats/
*  https://drill.apache.org/docs/tableau-examples/
*  https://drill.apache.org/docs/parquet-format/
Founder & CEO, AutofitCloud
+1 813 579 4935
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LibreOffice