Building skia with clang(-cl)

Rene Engelhard rene.engelhard at mailbox.org
Tue Jun 9 06:32:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

Am 09.06.20 um 08:18 schrieb Michael Weghorn:
> On 08/06/2020 15.16, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>> (I consider the existence of gen a problem, too, maybe I should just
>> make -gtk3 a non-optional part.
>>
>> But still then afaik the desktop detector will still use "gen" on e.g.
>> fluxbox or so, didn't actually check lately?)
> IIRC, Caolán mentioned that on IRC yesterday already:
> Unless explicitly specified otherwise (like setting SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN
> env variable), "gen" is the last choice, so won't be used if another VCL
> plugin is present and can be loaded, s. [1].

And as I also said yesterday on IRC it is possible to install LO in
Debian without gtk3 or qt5/kf5 present.

That also can be deliberate (some random WM which doesn't "need" gtk3,
KDE people who do not want gtk3 stuff on their system, ..), or
accidentially (apt install libreoffice doesn't "force" gtk3 on people.
If you choose -gnome you get -gtk3 recommended and thus installed, as
does the installer for "desktop" installs)

Yes, I know people advocate on ignoring those dependencies and just ship
it in -core or so and let the loading mechanism figure it out. I think
this is bad (packages should express their library linkage in dependencies.)

Regards,

Rene