Re: LIBRASOffice - Vídeo - Solve MIT 2019

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Wed Mar 18 09:18:22 UTC 2020

I will include a message from Jan-Marek, who is unable to use mail
currently. He wants to point out that tooltips can be accessed via
accessibility APIs at least on Linux.

Ilmari

Jan-Marek says:

It took me about 15m to write a python at spi program, which will react
to tooltip events on Linux:

#!/usr/bin/python3

import pyatspi

def f(e):
     if not e.source or e.source.getRole() != pyatspi.ROLE_TOOL_TIP:
         return
     # e.detail1 = 1: show / = 0: hide
     print(e)

pyatspi.Registry.registerEventListener(f, "object:state-changed:visible")
pyatspi.Registry.start()

Just install the python3-pyatspi package of your preferred distro and
start the little program.

This is obviously just a very minimal POC, but it can be easily extended
to just filter events from LO.

If I read
https://wiki.gnome.org/Accessibility/Documentation/GNOME2/AtkGuide/MSAA
correctly, MSAA also has show events for tooltips.