Guidance to where in the codebase the Menu structure is built

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon May 18 18:39:23 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-05-18 at 15:13 +0100, KKing wrote:
> Could someone point me to where in the codebase the default Menus get
> built?
>
> There are a couple of things want to look at, but one of the main
> requests we get is if the old school list of 9 most recent documents
> (or we have had variation request of 9 favourite) can be assigned to
> the file menu so it is easier and quicker to just use keyboard to get
> access to the files e.g.  Alt+F-2   would load the 2nd most recent
> document.

FWIW, sw/uiconfig/swriter/menubar/menubar.xml describes the default
writer menus. You can see that the recently used menu parent entry is
"uno:RecentFileList", that submenu is "special" in that RecentFileList
appears in
officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/Controller.xcu as
having a special controller of
"com.sun.star.comp.framework.RecentFilesMenuController" and that
corresponds to framework/source/uielement/recentfilesmenucontroller.cxx
which has RecentFilesMenuController::fillPopupMenu which puts the
recently used entries into that special submenu.

I'm not personally aware if it's possible, given the byzantine menu
description system, to have a dynamic/mru section in the toplevel File
menu