GSoC - Weekly Report - #3 - Table styles

Balázs Sántha santha.balazs at simonyi.bme.hu
Mon Jun 28 08:30:48 UTC 2021

Dear Community!

Last week I was working on a problem, which causes the loss of table style
when copying a table, or drag&drop it. Drag&Drop is working with copying
and after pasting the table. Found two interesting functions, which are
called during these operations, but couldn't solve the problem yet. I
started to extend the SwAttrSet too, because if this tablestyle name
property would be supported, copying the tables' attributes (which are
already done) would copy this property too. My mentor suggested, to search
for a simpler solution, which would get the information through the
position of the node/table. This week I will work on this too.
Furthermore, I worked on to be able to build Alex Ivan's branch, got some
improvements, but run into a problem that my gcc is probably too new, so I
wanted to install an older gcc (4.8.5), but because found no repository for
this, had to compile+build for myself. This havent succeeded yet, because
the build got errors again. I searched numerous hours to solve that without
success, so I plan to write to this list, maybe someone could help me with
this.
Furthermore I did some tests, about the optimization of the current import
of table styles. Until this, the "ApplyParagraphPropertiesFromTablestyles"
function was the main focus, but the test docx documents didn't verify
this. (found out, the test documents had no table styles applied on tables,
so the perf issue comes from something else this case). This week I plan to
finish this tests, and with the help of my mentor, based on this results,
continue the work!

If you have any questions, ideas, thoughts or suggestions, please share
with me!

Regards,
Balázs Sántha, santhab