Unbalanced </translate> tag
ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Sun Jun 18 18:53:16 UTC 2023
On 18.6.2023 21.34, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Julien,
> Julien Nabet schrieb am 18.06.2023 um 18:59:
>> On 18/06/2023 18:48, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>> This is the text which produces the problem:
>> I'm not an expert but I think you need a "translate" start tag and a
>> "translate" end tag at each line.
> It seems I do not need it for each line but one pair is enough.
>> Perhaps there's another way but when taking a look at the existing
>> page, it seemed the right way to do it. Also I tested it in Core
>> section by using Preview and it seemed ok to me.
> "look at the existing page" was the helpful hint. My error was this: I
> have only edit a section. I saw a <translate> at the bottom in the edit
> window and had removed it. I was not aware that it belongs to the
> following heading, which is not included in the edit window. Looking at
> the complete page makes it visible.
I've now cleaned up the page.
The reason why we want to break up individual bullet points into
translation units is that otherwise translators may end up with a giant
pile of text in a single unit. It's not very fun trying to wrestle that
in a small text box in the translation interface.
If there is ever a problem with the <translate> tags, Save Changes will
point out the area that has the problem (while blocking you from saving).
One bad habit we have to kick for release notes pages is the use of
thumbnailed images with captions. Unfortunately this breaks our newly
acquired mobile friendliness. Instead we should use <gallery> elements.
You can see an example in this edit:
More information about the LibreOffice