GSoC: Adding Histogram Chart Update Week 12 and Week 13

Devansh Varshney varshney.devansh614 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 15:20:27 UTC 2024

Hi Everyone,

For the past two weeks, I have been trying to get OOXML and ODF
compatibility, i.e., Import and Export ability for the chart
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/170909. I am able to pull something
off, but still nothing able to do for setting the properties related to
Histogram Chart.

Although, when I started working on it, I did look for some information
regarding the OOXML import in the codebase
https://github.com/search?q=repo%3ALibreOffice%2Fcore+path%3A%2F%5Eoox%5C%2F%2F++ooxml+import&type=commits
(I usually look at LibreOffice GitHub repo)
   but it's until today when I released what my mentor *Tomaz* meant by 'git
show *de687872926d0*' two days back when I asked about the errors I am
stuck into.

What I am really missing is setting the properties, and I am now looking
more in the Gerrit patches.

This one wiki was a bit interesting to read:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_OOXML

The current implementation of Histogram chart is now had Scott Reference as
default for the binning logic. We also have some bugs related to it which
are not really related to the core logic of the Chart but also have to
address them.

The primary skill that I am currently acquiring is the ability to pay
attention to details, cues, and clues, in addition to organizing my
thoughts. :)
--
*Regards,*
*Devansh*