RTF import bug & info

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Sat Aug 17 15:47:29 UTC 2024

On 17.8.2024 18.34, Al Schapira wrote:
> On Sat, 2024-08-17 at 09:29 -0400, Justin Luth wrote:
>> I don't think you read the information on
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bibisect very closely. Go back
>> to that and understand it.
>>
>> especially Watch Effective Bisection and Bibisection (Matthew
>> Francis's talk at LibOCon 2015 on YouTube) for both an introduction,
>> and practical details.
>>
>> Justin
>>
> This is not a helpful message. Its like RTFM.
>
> I am not a developer or bug fixer of LO nor do I want to be. I simply
> want to provide as much information as I can to the appropriate parties
> so that this bug can be fixed asap.
>
> With the help of Mike and David, I learned just enough about  bibisect
> to narrow the introduction of the bug down.  I hope that helps gets it
> fixed.  That is all.

Raal bibisected it after you provided the version pointers.

Beyond our Fine Manuals, we provide mentoring to help new contributors
get started. If you are interested in learning more about how quality
assurance is done for LibreOffice, you can email me and we can start the
mentoring sessions. QA is a nice way to help without needing to get into
development.

Ilmari