behavior of new functions XLOOKUP and XMATCH

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Tue May 14 06:56:39 UTC 2024

Hi *,

Mike Kaganski wrote:
> Emitting error is the only sane way here. No error message means doing
> something different than user requested, without user knowing that, with no
> practical benefit (the wildcards / regexes won't be used, so the task is not
> done anyway).

My understanding is, the regex _would_ be used, but in a much slower,
linear search.

But from a user-perspective, I'd prolly agree with Mike. To add to
that, for practical matters and importing XLSX files, we would very
likely need a compatibility mode for XLOOKUP/XMATCH anyway, with the
same error handling as Excel...

Cheers,

-- Thorsten