Remove hard-coded key combination shift+ctrl+f6

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Wed Sep 11 09:17:24 UTC 2024

On 2024-09-11 08:26, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Insert > Split Window / .uno:SplitWindow toggles the feature on/off,
> adjustments per cursor key would not be possible anymore. It is tedious,
> however, to press the cursor for quite a while, and the benefits
> outweigh the drawback.

IIUC, the drawback is that adjusting the split window becomes impossible
for users unable to operate a mouse, breaking one of the basic a11y
principles as defined e.g. in WCAG 2.2: "Make all functionality
available from a keyboard." [1]

In case of removing the feature, I think asking on the a11y mailing list
might give more useful input.

Is there maybe a way to have the benefits without losing the functionality?

As it's not fully clear to me from your previous email and looking at
the Gerrit change: Is the benefit mainly that Ctrl+Shift+F6 becomes
available for other purposes? (If so: Could changing the shortcut for
the existing functionality (and/or making it configurable) possibly be
an alternative?)
Or can you describe the benefits more clearly?

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG22/#keyboard-accessible