[Mesa-dev] [RFC-PATCH 00/18] add Android support

Chad Versace chad at chad-versace.us
Wed Aug 17 13:14:05 PDT 2011

On 08/16/2011 11:28 PM, Chia-I Wu wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> This patch series adds Android Gingerbread support to Mesa.  To begin
> with, it only supports software rendering with softpipe.  I've tested
> it with VirtualBox.  There are pending series that enable all other
> gallium pipe drivers and the classic i915/i965.  I would like to see
> how this series goes before sending them out.
>
> If you are familiar with Android-x86, you can replace external/mesa by
> the master branch plus this series, and build the image like this
>
>  $ make -j2 iso_img BOARD_GPU_DRIVERS=swrast
>
> The first five patches fix build issues with Android's toolchain and
> libc.  They are generally pretty small.
>
> Patch 6-8 adds Android Gingerbread support to core EGL and st/egl.
> They are quite isolated and should be interesting to EGL developers.
>
> Patch 9-18 adds Android.mk's to the source tree.  The Android build
> system will include them and build mesa when BOARD_GPU_DRIVERS is
> defined.
>
> This series is RFC because Android.mk's duplicate the source lists in
> Makefile's.  It means it will suffer from the same pain as SCons does:
> it needs to be updated if a new file is added.  Chad has concerns
> about this.  Since he also needs to work on that for his series, I
> will join him and update Android.mk's accordingly.
>
> Other than that, please review.

Chia-I,

I'm glad to see your Android patches on the list. Now the Mesa
and Android-x86 communities can begin to fold Android support into
master and make progress towards a stable Mesa on Android.

I've commented, acked, or rb'd all the patches that are within my
domain. I've avoided commenting on patches specific to Gallium.

- --
Chad Versace
chad at chad-versace.us