[Mesa-dev] multiple versions in version string

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Tue Jun 21 09:23:47 PDT 2011

On Die, 2011-06-21 at 10:10 -0600, tom fogal wrote:
> On 06/21/2011 01:06 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >> [snip]

> >> I can always fall back to OSMesa, I suppose :(
> >
> > Or a software rasterizer libGL / driver which uses direct rendering.
> > Preferably using llvmpipe for performance.
>
> It was hidden in another part of the thread, but I actually don't care
> (much) about performance, as this is for a regression testing system.

Then you have free choice between llvmpipe or just softpipe (can be
chosen at runtime), or even classic swrast.

> More importantly, though, the issue with direct rendering is that I need
> to be able to connect to an X server.

Not sure what you mean by that. If you mean direct rendering requires a
DRI capable X server, that's not true at least for a standalone software
rasterizer libGL. It should work fine with Xvfb or any other X server,
using any kind of display connection.