[Mesa-dev] and a random apitrace/gallium question..

Peter Lohrmann peterl at valvesoftware.com
Mon Jun 3 09:29:02 PDT 2013

I have a local change which extends ApiTrace to better support the various debug extensions, and have used it to mark up my traces. I don't track the whole log or handle the registering of callback functions, but do allow glDebugMessageInsertARB(..) and a few others to be included in the trace (and will get replayed if the host driver supports the extension). This allows those messages to also be used by other 3rd party debugging tools.

At some point I hope to extend qapitrace to utilize these markers in the list of api calls to give a hierarchical view, but that's a ways off.

I'll try to isolate that change and create a branch today to make it more widely available.
 - Peter