[Mesa-dev] non x11/xlib based EGL and software only renderer

Divick Kishore divick.kishore at gmail.com
Tue May 7 02:40:08 PDT 2013

Hi Chia,

>   $ ./configure --disable-dri --enable-gallium-egl --with-egl-platforms=null \
>                      --with-gallium-drivers=swrast
>
> It will give you an EGL/GLES driver that uses a software renderer and
> supports only pbuffers (and FBOs).

The egl lib built so I see has dependency on X11. Sorry if my question
was not clear enough but what I really want to achieve is have GLES
apps running without dependency on any GPU / Video card and X server.
It could just be a headless machine. I do not want to modify app to
explicitly do off screen rendering but rather have default rendering
in offscreen buffers.

> You won't be able to ask it to render to an application-provided buffer though.

Not sure what do you mean by application provided buffer?

Thanks & Regards,
Divick