[Mesa-dev] Submitting more shaders to shader-db?

Aras Pranckevicius aras at unity3d.com
Sat Jan 3 23:36:40 PST 2015

Hi,

I noticed some GLSL related discussions talk "My shader-db is dominated by
TF2, DOTA2, Portal, Brutal Legend and Dungeon Defenders. Maybe
non-Source-engine
games show some benefit from this series?"

Now, shader-db that I can find is this:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/shader-db/tree/shaders - and it seems to
have very few shaders.

Is it possible to submit more shaders into whatever shader-db is typically
used by Mesa developers to test compiler optimizations on? I could package
up some built-in shaders from Unity 4 / Unity 5 (which end up being used in
a many, many Unity games), in the format expected by shader-db, and under
whatever license is needed.

Would that be useful, and if so, what are the steps to get there?

--
Aras Pranckevičius
work: http://unity3d.com