[Mesa-dev] NIR documentation

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:51:06 PDT 2015

I guess current comments + docs connor posted would have mostly
substituted for current comments + liberal pinging of
cwabbott/jekstrand/etc on IRC for what I've done so far in converting
freedreno over to NIR + various random additions to tgsi_to_nir.. or
in other words I think what was missing in the comments was mostly
docs-level big-picture view to pull the pieces together..

from a quick look at the docs, a bit more coverage of deref chains
(ie. example of direct vs indirect deref chain) might be useful..
maybe a couple other things I missed, but so far docs + comments look
like a pretty big improvement over comments alone

BR,
-R