[Mesa-dev] [RFC 00/10] Enable support for 2D ASTC HDR and LDR formats

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 19 21:49:15 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 12:35 AM, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> Hi Nanley,
>>
>> I was expecting to see some code dealing with the fact that the block
>> sizes are all different. Did I miss it, or is that still on the TODO
>> list?
>
> I think *most* of that code *should* already be there.  In theory,
> it's all keyed off of the block size provided by formats.csv.
> However, given some of the rendering errors we're currently seeing, it
> looks like it may need a little patching here and there. :-)
> --Jason

Yep, you're right. I had assumed that there was hardcoding all over
since we had only had 4x4 block formats, but looks like (a) it's not
hardcoded, at least in a few critical places, and (b) FXT1 uses an 8x4
block size (although FXT1 is probably not *the* most popular
compression format).

Should be relatively straightforward to plumb all this through to
gallium + freedreno + a4xx. Not sure when I'll have time for it
though.

  -ilia