[Mesa-dev] Updating mesa3d.org docs?

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Thu Oct 15 12:34:54 PDT 2015

On 10/15/2015 01:18 PM, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> Hi Brian!

Hi Sarah,

> I'm a new Mesa developer in Intel's OTC graphics team (although not new
> to open source, I've been a Linux kernel developer for the last seven
> years).
>
> I heard that you're responsible for updating mesa3d.org documentation
> against the docs in the Mesa source code repo. I noticed the docs are
> out-of-date WRT the repo, and I had a couple questions:
>
> 1. What's the process for pushing updated documentation to the site?

All the website pages are found in the git docs/ directory.  Changes are
submitted as patches and reviewed like code on the mesa-dev list.

> 2. How often are updated docs pushed? Once every week, month, or when
>     there's a new Mesa version?

I push them whenever a new Mesa version is released, but I can do it at
any time on request.

> 3. Any chance I could get permissions to push updated docs?  I'll be
>     improving Mesa documentation as part of my new job, and I would love
>     to be able to push myself once patches are accepted, rather than
>     having to ping you.

The typical deal is we wait until a person has some track record of
producing good patches before giving git-write/push privileges.

So, I'd suggest you make some changes/patches, post them to the mesa-dev
list for review (others can push them for you initially), and then when
you've got some history established you can file a request (via
bugzilla) for git privileges.

-Brian