[Mesa-dev] Newbie task to get started

Jakob Sinclair sinclair.jakob at openmailbox.org
Mon Apr 11 15:18:33 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-11 14:07, Marek Olšák wrote:
> Hi Jakob,
>
> Getting familiar with the code should be the first priority. I suggest
> you start with a simple feature like adding an easy GL or GL ES
> extension into your favourite driver.
>
> You should also use a test suite for testing driver correctness. The
> main one everybody should use is called "piglit". Some people also use
> dEQP.
>
> Marek

Thanks for the tips! I have been looking at the
ARB_shader_image_load_store and ARB_shader_image size extensions for GL
ES 3.1 and noticed that the radeonsi drivers does not support them even
though the driver supports the extensions in the core profile. From what
I can tell all supported functions are already in the driver. What needs
to be added to the driver to gain support for the extensions in a GL ES
3.1 context?

Jakob Sinclair