[Mesa-dev] Possible memory leak with `glxMakeCurrent`?

Itai itaisha at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:39:54 UTC 2016

(Posted initially in mesa-users, but got no reply - the list seems dead.
Couldn't find any bug report, and sadly not well versed enough in mesa to
file one myself).

Following an investigation of a memory leak with JavaFX on some Linux
configuration, it looks like there is a possible memory leak when using
`glxMakeCurrent`.
Sadly, I myself don't know enough about OpenGL/Mesa to describe it fully,
but I'm hoping someone here can understand it well enough to make a proper
bug report.

Here is a link to the discussion on the openjfx-dex list:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2016-August/019577.html

Here is a forum post describing a non-Java way to reproduce this same
issue:
http://www.gamedev.net/topic/679705-glxmakecurrent-slowly-leaks-memory/

This was possibly not an issue in older versions of Mesa, as the bug does
not appear on older Linux installations (I'm using Mesa 11.2.2, where the
bug is present)

Thanks.