[Mesa-dev] The get/get_hash_params situation...

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jan 23 06:49:24 PST 2016

... sucks. Every change to that file is an exercise in pain. We want
more and more complex checks on all the various enums, as they tend to
appear in GL core with ext A or in GL ES with ext B but only if ES >
3.1, and not if the moon is waxing, etc.

Any objections if I rewrite it to be not so annoying to use? I see
that it does some very clever things with hashing that I can't even
begin to work out. Obviously glGet* should be fast, but as long as a
reimplementation keeps to that basic tenet, is there anything else I
should be aware of? Are there specific performance considerations?

  -ilia