[Mesa-dev] Patchwork review process (efficiency) questions

0xe2.0x9a.0x9b at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 11:12:29 UTC 2016

Hello

Situation: Looking at the content displayed by the web browser for URL
http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/project/mesa/series and sub-pages
accessible via the links.

The following questions are troubling me:

- How does a patch submitter know when a reviewer will take a look at the patch?
- What is the order in which the reviewers are looking at the patches?
- What is the influence of the default ordering (URL suffix
"?ordering=-last_updated") on the behavior of reviewers?
- What about those patches on the 10th page from previous year? Why
are they in the list?
- Do patch submitters regularly clean up outdated patches?
- Does a patch submitter receive a notification email when he/she
forgets about a patch over time?

It seems to me that the current review process isn't as efficient as it can be.

Looking forward to your opinions and solutions.