[Mesa-dev] Patchwork review process (efficiency) questions

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 15:11:18 UTC 2016

On 3 June 2016 at 13:10, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 7:12 AM, ⚛ <0xe2.0x9a.0x9b at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Situation: Looking at the content displayed by the web browser for URL
>> http://patchwork.freedesktop.org/project/mesa/series and sub-pages
>> accessible via the links.
>>
>> The following questions are troubling me:
>>
>> - How does a patch submitter know when a reviewer will take a look at the patch?
>
> There is a scripts/get_reviewers.pl (based on linux kernel
> get_maintainers.pl script) which can be used as git-cccmd and will add
> appropriate people in CC when you send the patch.
Just as a reminder - please don't CC blindly everyone that the script
tells you. Adding the reviewed/maintainer is greatly encouraged,
although adding the last X people that did trivial/cosmetic changes
won't help at all.

The script provides guidance, not a silver bullet (hmm where did I
read that last one) :-)

Thank you
Emil