[Mesa-dev] TGSI 16-bit support

Connor Abbott cwabbott0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 16:03:15 UTC 2017

On Aug 25, 2017 4:10 PM, "Matt Turner" <mattst88 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Nicolai Hähnle <nhaehnle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25.08.2017 13:58, Marek Olšák wrote:
>>
>> Nicolai,
>>
>> Have you thought about switching to NIR for radeonsi completely to get
>> 16-bit support? We need NIR support anyway for spirv, right? Would be it
be
>> easier than adding 16-bit support into TGSI, glsl2tgsi, and tgsi2llvm?
>

> Well. What's missing from the NIR path is:
>
> (1) GS and tess (the ABI parts only)
> (2) re-adding some minor extensions (shader_group_vote?)

I added shader_group_vote/shader_ballot support to NIR when I enabled
those extensions for i965 recently, so no work to do there.

Well, you still need to hook up the NIR-to-LLVM bits, but my series for
implementing the Vulkan equivalent extension in radv does that, so once it
lands there should be no work to do - reviews for it appreciated!