[Mesa-dev] Time to merge threaded GL dispatch? (aka glthread)

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:10:37 UTC 2017

On Feb 8, 2017 11:15 AM, "Eero Tamminen" <eero.t.tamminen at intel.com> wrote:

Hi,

On 08.02.2017 02:40, Marek Olšák wrote:

> I'm not concerned about anything and you missed that it had actually
> been tested to the extent that we can enable it for some existing games
> and at least one unreleased game already.
>
> I also don't have to be the guy merging it and I mean that. But if I do
> it, this is how I'd like to do it.
>
> From my point of view, we don't strictly have to make piglit work. We
> only have to make games that can benefit work.  Piglit can only help us
> get there more easily.

If there are known crashes, and no piglit statistics, how you can trust
that the games which the patch series seems to already help, actually do
work?  That they don't crash or deadlock at some point because of it?

I hate to repeat myself, but it was tested with quite a bunch of games. You
know, I actually made it work for Gallium including bug fixes in glthread
like bad locking and race conditions. I know Samuel Pitoiset also tested it
with good results. A bunch of people on IRC tested it too.

Concerning the glmark crash, I don't care. Get over it.

Marek

        - Eero