[Mesa-dev] Time to merge threaded GL dispatch? (aka glthread)

Eero Tamminen eero.t.tamminen at intel.com
Wed Feb 8 17:29:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 08.02.2017 15:10, Marek Olšák wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2017 11:15 AM, "Eero Tamminen" <eero.t.tamminen at intel.com
>     If there are known crashes, and no piglit statistics, how you can
>     trust that the games which the patch series seems to already help,
>     actually do work?  That they don't crash or deadlock at some point
>     because of it?
>
> I hate to repeat myself, but it was tested with quite a bunch of games.
> You know, I actually made it work for Gallium including bug fixes in
> glthread like bad locking and race conditions. I know Samuel Pitoiset
> also tested it with good results. A bunch of people on IRC tested it too.

Do you have some e.g. wiki page where this status info is collected?

So far the data provided in this thread is following:

Improves performance:
* Borderlands 2 (with multiple game gfx settings & driver/HW?)

Regresses performance:
* Shadow of Mordor (with multiple game gfx settings & driver/HW?)
* PCSX2 emulator

Crashes:
* glmark2 (one test? all tests?  both GL & GLES version?)
* fgl_glxgears

 > Concerning the glmark crash, I don't care. Get over it.

Glmark & glxgears are rather simple, so it's just a bit surprising.

	- Eero