[Mesa-dev] [AppVeyor] mesa master #5788 failed

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Fri Oct 13 09:41:09 UTC 2017

SSIZE_T is included on the <windows.h> headers.  We include it in most
places, but not necessary all.  It brings a lot of baggage, so I don't
recommend including it just for a ssize_t defitinion.

Instead I'd recommend replacing ssize_t in our code with plain standard
intptr_t.

If you really rather use ssize_t, then do

   #ifdef _WIN32
   typedef intptr_t blob_ssize;
   #else
   typedef ssize_t blob_ssize;
   #endif

at the top of blob.h and use blob_ssize on all blob_*() implementations
/ callers.

Alternatively, if you don't care for blobs larger than 2GB, one could
use just int.

Jose