[Mesa-dev] Drop scons for 20.1?

apinheiro apinheiro at igalia.com
Wed Feb 26 10:11:01 UTC 2020

On 26/2/20 5:15, Jason Ekstrand wrote:
> +Jose & Brian
>
> I'm not personally opposed but I also can't remember the last time I
> had to fix the scons build. I think it's been years. Maybe that's
> because I don't work on GL anymore?

I bet that the latter. I remember some years ago pushing new code (I
think that was the initial ARB_gl_spirv code), updating the meson and
autotools files (we were still on transition), and found when the code
was I pushed broke the scons build. Moving from three build systems to
two was good. If possible I really think that it would be a good idea to
move from two to one.