[Mesa-users] HELP WITH OSMESA LIBRARY

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Nov 30 06:16:46 PST 2011

On 11/30/2011 07:00 AM, Urbano Alves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry by this email and question.
>
> Anyway thanks.
>
> Well, I have a program in C++ and with some openGL libraries (GLUT and
> GLUI).
>
> This program make some statistical calculation like cluster analysis.
>
> Some of them are a very large picture.
>
> They are more bigger than the screen size.
>
> Well, we can talk about 2000x5000 pixel.
>
> and
>
> If the picture size is less than screen size no problem,
>
> the program work and can save a PNG file.
>
> But, if the picture size is bigger than the screen size I can't save it.
>
> AND I NEED THIS PICTURES.

Are you using Linux or Windows or something else?

If you're trying to create a window that's larger than the screen,
there's no guarantee the the off-screen portions will be valid (with X
anyway).

Have you tried using a framebuffer object?

> Well I think the osmesa.h library can help.
>
> and I try it, and it don't work. No error, but the buffer are empty
> (fill with zero).
>
> Well some idea?

Hard to say what's going wrong without seeing some code.  Do the
sample OSmesa demos work for you?

-Brian