[Mesa-users] HELP WITH OSMESA LIBRARY

Roy Dennington roy at semichem.com
Wed Nov 30 07:06:22 PST 2011

Urbano,

We use tiling to generate pictures at higher resolutions.  The viewport must be smaller than the screen size, or it will not work on most platforms.  See:

http://www.opengl.org/resources/code/samples/sig99/advanced99/notes/node30.html

See also,

http://www.mesa3d.org/brianp/TR.html

With a screen DPI around 100, using nine tiles can be used to generate a 300dpi raster image.  In your case, use as many tiles as necessary to get the tile size less than the screen size.  Then, use any number of techniques to render off-screen.

Roy Dennington

Semichem, Inc.